In this laser hair removal review we are taking a close look at the Nood Flasher 2.0 hair removal device.
I’m going to share with you my own personal experience, with video and photos. I’ll share what sets Nood apart from its competitors based on: Hair reduction, Safety, FDA clearance and Compatibility with different hair and skin types. On the right you can also find links to other interesting articles on Nood.
We’re also going to look at how other customers review Nood, so you can get a full un-biased picture.
The Nood Flasher has its pros and cons which you’ll read about in this review. But overall when we look at the price tag and hair reduction rate, we’re pretty happy with the Nood device.
Let’s first look at my personal experience:
My personal Nood Review
I gave Nood an overall review score of 8.2 on a scale of 10. This score was given based on on how well the Nood Flasher 2.0 works in different areas such as: Hair reduction, Safety, FDA clearance, Skin tone compatibility, Hair type compatibility, Power, Treatment Area, Treatment time, Pain level, Convenience, Warranty, and Battery life. Below you will find a table that shows how well the hair removal device scores in the aforementioned areas:
|Hair Reduction||Up to 80% Hair removal in 8 weeks.||8/10|
|Safety||Safe. With UV-protection and IPL technology.||9/10|
|Skin Tone Compatibility||Does not work on very dark skin.||5/10|
|Hair type Compatibility||Does not work on blonde and red hair.||5/10|
|Power||7 intensity levels.||8/10|
|Treatment Area||Everywhere on the body where hair grows. Not around the eyes without protective eyewear.||10/10|
|Treatment Time||10 minutes, twice per week for the first 2 months. 10 minutes once every 3 to 6 months as a touchup.||10/10|
|Pain Level||Slight tingle but not painful.||10/10|
|Price||189 – 270$||8/10|
|Convenience||Mediocre. Device needs to be plugged in during treatment.||4/10|
|Warranty||limited 1 year manufacturer’s warranty.||7/10|
|Battery Life||None. Device uses a standard wall outlet and needs to be plugged in.||0/10|
|Dazzle Score||The Dazzle score is a grade we give hair removal devices based on its performance and effectiveness: 8.2||8.2|
What I liked
Here’s what I liked about the Nood device:
- The price at around 200 – 270 bucks was not too bad. Especially if you compare it to salon laser hair removal treatments which can run into the thousands.
- The design of the Nood device was very simple and straightforward. This made the device easy to use.
- The Nood device did not hurt me at all. I was expecting the worst so I was pleasantly surprised.
- The results were great. I mean it actually removed my hair almost completely within 12 weeks, which is obviously the main goal.
What I did not like
Here’s what I did not like about the Nood device:
- The device has 7 intensity settings. It’s better than most IPL devices that only provide 5 intensity settings, but I prefer to get super granular with my laser hair removal sessions and would like 10 intensity settings, like the Braun Silk Expert Pro.
- The Nood advertising can sometimes be misleading. For instance, you’ll definitely won’t be done with you laser hair removal sessions within 10 minutes like Nood claims. Assuming you want to do more than your upper-lip, you can spend up to an hour or more per session. Just something to keep in mind.
Some pictures of using the Nood device
Here are pictures of the results using Nood:
How Does the Nood device measure up against other laser hair removal devices?
The Nood device is one of the best IPL devices that I’ve tested. You can potentially see hair reduction within 4 weeks and the price tag is not too bad aswell. So if I were to compare the Nood device to other IPL devices it would probably be tied with the Braun IPL device. The devices are very similar in quality. The Nood Flasher 2.0 uses IPL technology similar to the Braun IPL.
However, there is one at-home laser hair removal device that is clearly better, since it uses diode laser technology and that is the Tria Beauty laser. The Tria Beauty 4x device is, like the name suggests, up to 4 times more effective than normal IPL devices.
Other Nood Reviews
Below you will find verified reviews of Nood customers:
What are Nood’s specifications and features?
- Color: white
- Dimensions: 8″H x 8″L x 3″W
- Power output: 4.5J/cm2
- Output: DC 12V, 3A
- Input: AC 100 – 240V, 50/60Hz, 5A
- Power: 36W
- Temperature: -40C, -70C
- Relative humidity: 10 – 90%
- Atmospheric pressure: 00 hPz to 1060 hPa
- Pain-free light-based technology
- Skin-Safe technology
- UV-filtered lens
- Aftermarket 30-day parts and labor warranty from third party
Does Nood really work?
How to use Nood Flasher 2.0?
To use the Nood Flasher 2.0 device effectively and make it work, review these steps:
- Preparation: Before using the Nood Flasher 2.0, it’s important to prepare your skin. Shave the treatment area (e.g arms, legs or full Brazilian area) with a razor to eliminate lengthy hair shafts that may absorb IPL energy meant for the hair follicle. Clean and thoroughly dry the area to remove any residual body oils or skincare products that could interfere with the light energy penetration.
- Skin and Hair Color Test: The device is best used on individuals with light to medium skin tones and dark hair. Perform a Fitzpatrick Skin Type Test to ensure your skin tone is suitable. Darker skin may absorb excessive energy and increase the risk of hyperpigmentation or burns.
- Powering the Device: Use the device by plugging the Nood Flasher 2.0 into an electrical outlet. Turn it on and allow it to warm up for a few seconds.
- Intensity Level Selection: Use the device by determining the appropriate intensity level based on your skin type and sensitivity. Start at the lowest setting and gradually increase to a comfortable level as you proceed with further treatments. Remember that higher settings deliver more effective results but could also raise the risk of discomfort or side effects.
- Application: Use the device by pressing the handpiece firmly against the treatment area ensuring full skin contact with the device’s window. The skin sensor will detect proper contact and allow you to trigger the device. Press the flash button to release the IPL energy. You should see a bright flash and feel a mild, warm sensation.
- Treatment Grid Technique: Properly use the device by ensuring complete coverage and avoid overlapping, follow a grid-like pattern. Move the device to the next adjacent area after each flash, treating small sections at a time. Overlapping can cause excessive heat and skin damage. Treat each zone only once during a session.
- Post-Treatment Care: After using the device and completing the treatment, apply a soothing aloe vera gel or a fragrance-free moisturizer to calm and hydrate the skin. Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 48 hours and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) to protect the treated areas.
- Repeat Treatments: For optimal results in using the device, perform treatments at regular intervals for a total of 6-8 sessions. Maintenance treatments may be required after 2 months, depending on individual hair growth patterns.
Remember to consult the user manual provided with your Nood Flasher 2.0 for specific instructions and contraindications related to your device.
Can you use Nood for brazilian?
Yes, my personal experience and research shows the Nood Flasher 2.0 works as an easy way to reduce hair growth in the Brazilian area. Although it can sometimes be difficult to make proper contact with the skin, the Nood device works really well for the bikini line and brazilian area. The flash will only happen when you have the nood device flat on the skin. It takes a little bit to get the hang of it, but once you do it’s quite straightforward and easy.
Using the Nood flasher 2.0 device on the brazilian area is definitely less painful and more convenient than using other hair removal methods such as waxing.
Can you use Nood laser hair removal on your face?
Yes, you can use the Nood laser hair removal device on your face. The Nood device, with its IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) technology, offers a safe and effective solution for facial hair removal, if used properly and at right the frequency. It’s best to perform a patch test on a small area of your face before you do your full face. This helps you to check for any potential skin reactions.
Do not use on the eyebrows or near the eyes. The IPL technology used by the Nood laser can potentially cause eye injury.
How often can you use Nood?
It’s recommended to use the Nood laser hair removal device twice every week for the first 2 months and then once every 3 to 6 months to maintain results. This is done to align with the hair growth cycle.
It’s important to remember that everyone’s hair growth cycle is different, and results may vary. Factors such as hair color, skin type, and the area of treatment can affect the frequency and effectiveness of the treatments.
I personally used the device as recommended, twice a week for the first 3 months and am very happy with the results.
Is Nood laser hair removal effective for dark skin?
Research shows the Nood Flasher 2.0 works best on individuals with Fitzpatrick skin types I to III, who have a fair to medium skin tone with dark hair, as there is sufficient contrast between hair and skin melanin. This allows the IPL energy to preferentially target and destroy the hair follicles, thus permanently reducing hair while minimizing the risk of adverse effects on the surrounding skin.
I have a lighter skin and dark hair, so I am a perfect candidate for Nood laser hair removal.
Reviews show that customers with a darker skin type have less success with the Nood flasher 2.0 hair removal device.
For individuals with Fitzpatrick skin types IV to VI (medium-dark to very dark) or those with blonde, red, or grey hair, the Nood Flasher 2.0 might not be as effective. In darker skin tones, the higher melanin concentration in the skin could absorb the IPL energy and lead to an increased risk of burns, hyperpigmentation, or hypopigmentation.
Similarly, individuals with blonde or red hair have a lower concentration of melanin in their hair follicles, making it difficult for the IPL device to effectively target and remove these hairs.
Is Nood laser hair removal permanent?
Yes, Nood laser hair removal is considered permanent. Nood laser hair removal offers up to 30% hair reduction in three weeks and full results after 8 weeks if done properly and safely, but since some hairs may not be treated in the ‘anagen’ (active growth) phase, maintenance treatments are recommended once every 1-2 months.
I have had a touch up session every 2 to 3 months, which are very short and completely manageable.
Is Nood safe?
Yes Nood is safe to use for people with lighter skin tones. Nood is officially approved by the FDA and research shows Nood is considered safe, when used properly. The included UV-protection feature helps minimize the potential for skin damage caused by ultraviolet radiation exposure.
I did not have any negative side effects when using the Nood device, and I simply followed the how-to instructions (above).
Nood side effects
Research shows the Nood laser hair removal device may cause temporary skin irritation, redness, and swelling. These Nood side effects are generally mild and subside within a few hours to a couple of days post-treatment. But like I said, I didn’t personally experience any of these.
Laser hair removal works by emitting a light that’s absorbed by the pigment (melanin) in the hair. The light energy is converted to heat, which damages the hair follicles. This damage inhibits or delays future hair growth. However, this process can also affect the surrounding skin, leading to certain side effects.
What results can you expect from Nood laser hair removal?
The Nood hair removal device takes about 6 to 8 weeks of consistent use to work. I actually saw a noticeable difference in 4 weeks. Nood is not promising overnight results. However, with consistent use and proper application of the laser hair removal device, up to 80% hair reduction can be achieved within 8 weeks of usage.
If you experience too much pain or burn the skin, stop and consult a professional. Always patch test first and make sure the device is working properly. If the device is faulty, check your warranty.
How does nood work?
Nood uses IPL, or intense pulsed light therapy, which is a broad-spectrum visible light that, when applied to the skin, targets the melanin in hair. This process is also known as photothermolysis. The Nood IPL laser can be used for removing unwanted hair. IPL differs from laser in the number of wavelengths it delivers. IPL emits pulsed light at a wavelength in the range 500 – 1200 nm.
Is Nood legit and FDA approved?
Yes, the Nood laser hair removal device is legitimately FDA approved. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is a federal agency that regulates a wide range of products, including lasers used for hair removal. The FDA approval ensures that the Nood device has been thoroughly tested and deemed safe for consumer use.
The Nood device uses a technology known as intense pulsed light (IPL), which is a method of hair removal that has been approved by the FDA.
Does Nood hair removal hurt?
No in my experience the Nood device does not hurt but isn’t necessarily comfortable either. According to Nood, the Nood Flasher 2.0 Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) device was specifically designed to minimize pain during hair removal procedures. However, naturally individual pain thresholds and skin sensitivities can vary significantly, so some users might experience a slight tingling sensation when using the Nood hair removal device.
Reviews of other customers that have purchased the Nood flasher 2.0 hair removal device indicate that the device is definitely less painful than other hair removal methods such as waxing and plucking.
Does Nood provide a warranty?
Yes, Nood provides a limited 1 year warranty and a 90 day “No Questions Asked” money back guarantee. After purchasing the Nood Flasher 2.0 device customers have a 90 day period to get a full refund or equal value exchange.
Nood promises that the device works and will be free from defects in both materials and workmanship, under normal use, for 365 days. If a defects occurs within the warranty period Nood will repair the Nood flasher 2.0 at no extra cost or exchange the device for a new one.
It is advised to review the warranty guidelines before purchasing the device.